Through their Committee the Black Down and Hindhead Supporters:
- Raise funds through subscriptions, donations, events and sales of publications.
In agreement with the National Trust, use these funds to pay for improvements on the properties which National Trust budgets cannot cover.
- Meet regularly with the National Trust management to advise on all aspects of management plans, local issues and opinion.
- Act as the local 'eyes and ears' of the National Trust and help to promote goodwill.
- Send an Annual report and Newsletter to supporters.
- Organise an annual Open Meeting to report the activities of the previous year.
The open spaces we help to look after (click here to see a map) are:
Click here to join us
- The Devil's Punch Bowl and Hindhead Common (1040 acres/420ha)
Black Down (690 acres/280 ha)
- Marley Common (150 acres/60 ha)
- Swan Barn Farm (70 acres/28 ha).
- Plus: Golden valley, Whitmore Vale, Grayswood Common, Shottermill Ponds, Kingsley Green, Nutcombe Valley, Valewood Park, Roundhurst Common and The Quail